Our Pastoral Care program, through chaplaincy, ensures support for the students’ emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing.
Above and beyond this support is the implanting of pastoral care within key school policies and procedures.
The school’s behaviour management policy, for example, has at its ‘core’ a respect for individual needs and recognises that behavioural change is only possible through God’s working in our hearts.
Riverside Adventist School has a clear mission to:
- Encourage students to love and follow Jesus
- Promote an environment of respect and acceptance
- Empower students to do their very best
The school administration, teachers, support staff and chaplain all contribute to the spiritual life of Riverside. The pastoral ministries are designed to develop a spiritual awareness among students and to challenge them to develop a personal faith experience, to build a life-time trust in God, and a genuine love for all people.
Riverside encourages each student to:
- Establish and develop a friendship with Jesus.
- Share their personal experience and knowledge of God’s word.
- Demonstrate the desire to be of service to God and humanity.
- Respect people of other faiths and philosophical persuasions.
The Chaplaincy program at Riverside Adventist School enhances the spiritual emphasis that forms the basis for all education. Our Chaplain’s ministry includes involvement on the following, where possible:
- weekly chapel programs
- student support
- individual and group bible studies
- community service projects
- school trips and visits to churches
- annual spiritual emphasis programs
- connecting with families to provide support and encouragement.
The Chaplain aims to help students and staff:
- build positive relationships with parents and teachers
- strengthen social and friendship skills
- seek answers to spiritual and relational concerns
- find support in times of crisis or need
- make links to additional support services within the community