Quality Adventist Schools Framework
What makes a school a school? Students, yes, facilities, sure, books and computers? When all is said and done a school is not a school without teachers.
Here at Riverside Adventist School we believe in providing teachers with all they need to produce excellent outcomes for their students.
This is why we are very excited to have the Quality Adventist Schools Framework (QASF), which was introduced in 2014. The QASF is an initiative of Adventist Schools Australia (ASA) and is ‘based on the world’s best school improvement practice and provides a process for schools to engage in the further strengthening of their professional learning cultures’.
The four domains on which the framework is based are:
- Adventist Identity
- Learning & Teaching
- Leading School Improvement
- Community Partnerships
These domains (or core building blocks) were agreed upon by over 100 Adventist Christian educators across Australia who came together to create this document.
The QAS Framework provides a way for the school and its community to have greater ownership of and commitment to the success of the school.
The QAS Framework will:
- Build a culture of improvement and excellence.
- Provide a structure for school organisation, management and direction.
- Create opportunities for ‘Professional Conversations’.
- Focus on improving student outcomes.
- Describe excellence and share best practice ideas.
- Empower school leadership.
- Give opportunities to celebrate progress and achievement.
- Be evidence-based to inform the school improvement plan.
- Identify school’s resourcing needs.
- Create evidence of meeting legislative requirements.