Parents or Guardians of prospective new enrollees should apply to the principal of the Riverside Adventist Christian School for:
- An enrolment form.
- An appointment for an enrolment interview.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 per child is required to formalise the application.
At the enrolment interview we will discuss with the parents such matters as:
- The philosophy and purpose of this school.
- Parent's expectations as to what the school could offer their child.
- The school's expectations of the pupil and the parents. This would include such matters as the child's commitment to the school programme, assistance that the parents are expected to give to the school programme, (Working bees, Home And School Committee, assistance on excursions) uniform and fees.
- Medical records showing proof of full immunization programme, especially measles.
The decision of the School Management Committee will be advised in writing by the Principal as soon as possible.
Forms should be returned by 30th November of the preceding year , however later applications will be considered.
All students will be automatically re-enrolled at the end of each for the following year unless otherwise advised by parents of their departure.
While the Riverside Adventist Christian School is operated primarily for the benefit of the members of the Seventh-Day Adventist community, it is open to students without regard to their ethnic or religious background, sex or national origin. While no religious test is applied all students are expected to live in harmony with the school's standards and regulations, accept the responsibilities of the students as outlined in the Handbook, show respect for the word of God and to attend the regular religious classes and activities of the school. Parents are also expected to accept their responsibilities as outlined in the Handbook. Every effort is made to provide opportunity for both girls and boys to participate in all school activities and as far as possible the school attempts to accommodate disadvantaged students.
- Prep students - must turn five on or before 30th of June the year they enrol
- Year 1 - must turn six on or before 30th of June the year they enrol
Code of Student Behaviour
Every student at Riverside Adventist Christian School is created in the image of God, is equally important and has a right to an opportunity to learn, to feel safe, and to be treated with dignity. This means every student has a responsibility to ensure that every other studentís rights are respected. The expectations of every student, therefore, are:
- In class, students will conduct themselves in a way that will not interfere with the right of any other student to learn what is being taught.
- At all times, students will treat the person and property of every other student with respect.
- Students will always speak to each other in a way that shows respect. This does not mean there wonít be disagreements or arguments, but that what is said will not be profane, offensive or derogatory.
- Students will show the same respect towards the school and its staff.
- Students will fulfill their responsibilities for the schoolís learning programme.
- Students will demonstrate respect for themselves by adherence to school standards.
When a student enrolls at Riverside Adventist Christian School it is our wish that they will obtain the greatest benefit possible from their time here. That is the purpose of these expectations and responsibilities. By enrolling, you have indicated that you accept this íCode of Student Behaviourí and will support the School in maintaining them.